Thursday, July 16, 2015

Family Photo Project

Today's post is about a project I have in the works.  I'm sure every one of you has multiple family photo albums and scrapbooks around your home.  Well, I happen to have 47.  That wasn't a typo, I really do have forty-seven photo albums, scrapbooks, and memory books in my home.  My grandmother was a huge packrat when it came to photographs, and she always had them printed in triplicate.  So, between my parents albums and hers I have accumulated 47.  I don't know if any of you have ever done this or your parents did.  But, my grandmother and mother had a tendency to not finish filling in the scrapbooks or photo albums once they started.  So, many of the ones I have are only halfway full or less.  I also accumulated 9 photo boxes full of pictures as well as 3 large moving boxes full of guess what?  Yes, more photographs.  Going through my loved one's belongings and finding all of these keepsakes made me come up with an idea.  I call it my 'Family Photo Project.'   I'm attempting to weed out the extra copies of all photos as well as finish the unfinished albums (or add them to other albums) and keep it all in chronological order.  The only way to fully illustrate this undertaking is for you to see it.  So, here are some photos to illustrate the largeness of this project.  You can't tell just by looking, but so far what I've done is organize the photo albums and scrapbooks in chronological order.





As you can see, I have my work cut out for me.  I have a one year timeline to finish this project, I'll be posting updates every so often...Once I make visible progress that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment